Taking Risk Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you were to assess your student learning, which of these two would you prefer: Formative and Summative?

2 posters

Go down

If you were to assess your student learning, which of these two would you prefer: Formative and Summative? Empty If you were to assess your student learning, which of these two would you prefer: Formative and Summative?

Post by 42Surayuth069 Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:08 pm

I am inclined to believe that formative assessment would work best for the student learning. To assess our student learning with formative assessment, we as a teacher recognize students' progress and can find the effective way to help the students with their difficulties seen from the use of formative assessment. However, I am not convinced summative assessment would be good for the student learning; they would never make any progress via much use of summative assessment. Summative assessment should be implemented only at the end of the semester!

Surayuth 069 4EN
42Surayuth069
42Surayuth069
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

If you were to assess your student learning, which of these two would you prefer: Formative and Summative? Empty Re: If you were to assess your student learning, which of these two would you prefer: Formative and Summative?

Post by 42Peerapon027 Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:25 pm

As for me, I prefer formative to summative assessment. As I know, I think formative can help students learn more effectively. Teachers can follow their students' development, including attitude forward for study. By doing this, teacher also prevent student's misunderstanding or misconception on their mind.

Peerapon 027 4EN

42Peerapon027
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down