Taking Risk Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You have students who are reluctant to speak in class. What do you do to encourage them?

3 posters

Go down

You have students who are reluctant to speak in class. What do you do to encourage them? Empty You have students who are reluctant to speak in class. What do you do to encourage them?

Post by 42Surayuth069 Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:18 pm

In my personal point of view, we as teachers must promote the collaborative learning environment or atmosphere! By so doing, everyone in class will listen to their classmates, and help one another learn. This may result in the confidence to speak English and share some of their ideas in English! Also, the teachers must be awared of those students making fun of others when someone is speaking English! Most importantly, the teachers must not correct the language the students use while they are speaking; just let them speak! However, the teachers should provide the students with constructive feedback after their speaking! This must really help!

Surayuth 069 4EN
42Surayuth069
42Surayuth069
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

You have students who are reluctant to speak in class. What do you do to encourage them? Empty Re: You have students who are reluctant to speak in class. What do you do to encourage them?

Post by 42Praewpoy091 Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:28 am

It is quite hard. I have faced this situation when I go to our English camp. I try to help them to read. Asking them the point that they can't understand. Well, I also encourage them to read the text 3 out loud together. Let them practicing. Later on, divide then into groups and come to read the text3 as a group. I think that they would feel engage when they are not alone. Teachers should let them speak without correcting then=m in every word. Just wait to correct them when they have finished their tasks.

Praewpoy 091 4EN
42Praewpoy091
42Praewpoy091
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

You have students who are reluctant to speak in class. What do you do to encourage them? Empty Re: You have students who are reluctant to speak in class. What do you do to encourage them?

Post by 41Jutatip042 Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:22 pm

Use the board They cannot take their books to the board with them, they must write it from memory. Any mistakes will show them the parts of the language that they still find difficult. If students are very nervous about doing this, allow them to come up in pairs, so they can help each other.

Jutatip 042 4EN
41Jutatip042
41Jutatip042
ครูเชี่ยวชาญพิเศษ
ครูเชี่ยวชาญพิเศษ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down