Taking Risk Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should O-NET be abolished?

+7
42nutcha050
42Praewpoy091
41Nuchsara023
41Suphitchaya038
41supanut031
41chonlamas008
41wipawee028
11 posters

Go down

Should O-NET be abolished? Empty Should O-NET be abolished?

Post by 41wipawee028 Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:32 pm

No, it should not.
O-NET is good for students to improve themselves all the time, and it can classify and measure the competence of students. Moreover, O-NET will make students to be better because they need to prepare themselves for the test.

Wipawee 028 4EN

41wipawee028
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Should O-NET be abolished? Empty Re: Should O-NET be abolished?

Post by 41chonlamas008 Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:30 pm

No, it should not.
I think O-NET is a measurement for students.
It is because we will know how strong the basic knowledge that Thai students have.
I can say it should not be abolished.
I also wanted the student can pass this exam.

Chonlamas 4EN 008
41chonlamas008
41chonlamas008
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 41supanut031 Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:35 pm

I don't think we really need to get rid of it since it remains some benefits to students.
O-NET is somehow a great assessment of Thai education.
We only need to qualify it to be relevant to everyone.
If we don't have O-NET, students would be so careless about school.

Supanut 031 3EN
41supanut031
41supanut031
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 41Suphitchaya038 Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:18 pm

This question is quite hard to answer. For me, I think there are many problems with O-NET, for example, tutors reveal mistakes of each subject and the National Institute of Education Testing Service (NEITS) spends a lot of money on the exam but the scores still disappointed and it cannot be evaluated. However, O-NET is definitely important for students in Thai education because it can evaluate the level and knowledge of the students.

Suphitchaya 038 4EN
41Suphitchaya038
41Suphitchaya038
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 41Nuchsara023 Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Well, I think O-NET is has both bad effect and good effect. I am going to start with the good point of having O-NET. I think the test is very useful
in case of developing the quality of the students an also measure the knowledge of student. Howere, it can be the nigtgmare of student if they can not did
on The O-NET well. Moreover, O-NET doesn't show the actual ability of students according to multiple intelligences.

Nuchsara023 4EN

41Nuchsara023
41Nuchsara023
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 42Praewpoy091 Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:19 pm

Well, O-NET has both negative effects and positive effects. Now, the Ministry of Education set O-Net as a tool to assess the academic proficiency of Thai students based on the Basic Education Core Curriculum. To be honest, although the exam can show the quality of education at the national level, it is not efficient enough for deciding all learners’ performance with one test. May be, O-Net would be a lower Ability-Oriented and rise of social inequality. It is not fair to the rural student that their school does not have a teacher who specializes in every subject.

Praewpoy 091 4EN
42Praewpoy091
42Praewpoy091
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 42nutcha050 Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:33 pm

I think it should not be abolished but it needs to be adjusted its accuracy since it has brought students both benefits and drawbacks. Some parts of the O-net test are not good enough while some parts are pretty good. As we can see from its mistakes, there are lots of error answers every year. I think this point should be adjusted.

Nutcha 050 4EN

42nutcha050
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 41Sumanee077 Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:04 pm

No, O-net should not abolished.
For me, O-NET is a measurement for students.
Students will know their level knowledge and try to improve them.
Sumanee077 4EN

41Sumanee077
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 42Surayuth069 Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 am

I have a strong feeling that O-NET has been an appropriate measurement for Thai students! All the problems we have encountered are not because of the O-NET itself! It is designed or written in accordance with the national curriculum of the country. The problem is originated by the teachers, instead. Teachers are unable to help students reach the objectives of the national curriculum! As a result, I do believe that O-NET should not be prevented! However, teachers should be improved!

Surayuth 069 4EN
42Surayuth069
42Surayuth069
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 41Thitiwad049 Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:15 am

I personally believe that the O-Net should be canceled in the Thai educational system. Because some news has reported the poor quality of the O-Net. Moreover, we lost a lot of money to take an exam every year but the result of it contrasts the money we have lost. Lastly, many students are struggling from this kind of exam that absolutely destroy Thai educational system nowadays. O-Net or an Ordinary National Educational Test should be terminated form Thai society. There are many reasons that point out the negative results of the test. First, the O-net testing quality is substandard. We need more effective administration in order to manage the better test system. Moreover, we lost a lot of money to do the examination in our country that really contrasts the result that is shown to us. You might think that O-Net makes students eager to learn. However, it is not true exactly because schools bring it to the business that breaks students learning willing. For the reason, it is time to change Thai education into a better educational system for our new generation.

Thitiwad 049 4EN
41Thitiwad049
41Thitiwad049
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 32peeranut039 Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:58 am

Personally I think that O-NET can serve us some benefits to both students and teachers.
Therefore, I think that O-NET should still be used as a measurement for Thai education.
Moreover, I think that if O-NET is abolished, it is the most effective way to solve education problems.

Peeranut 039 3EN
32peeranut039
32peeranut039
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum