Taking Risk Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can you teach text 3 in the reading version, not the listening one?

4 posters

Go down

How can you teach text 3 in the reading version, not the listening one? Empty How can you teach text 3 in the reading version, not the listening one?

Post by 42Surayuth069 Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:59 am

I usually start with the audio playing of the whole text. Then, I just play the audio sentence by sentence, and have the students repeat after the audio or the sound heard. Next, I need to explain what the text says by a means of using visual aids, posing questions to gain student engagement, relating the text to the vocabulary and the structures learned and having students connect the essence of the text to their real life! Lastly, I tend to have students read the text by themselves so as to prepare them to speak in the expansion of knowledge in the last activity! It should also be noted that we can train any strategic readings during this stage!

Surayuth 069 4EN
42Surayuth069
42Surayuth069
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

How can you teach text 3 in the reading version, not the listening one? Empty Re: How can you teach text 3 in the reading version, not the listening one?

Post by 32jirayuwat063 Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:58 pm

From my many experiences, I haver never taught the text three before. I think I plan to teach the text three. There are the steps of the teaching text three.
1. Open overview.
2. Let students listen to audio carefully.
3. Open sub like karaoke and show them time to time.
4. Teach students sentence by sentence.

Jirayuwat 063 3EN
32jirayuwat063
32jirayuwat063
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

How can you teach text 3 in the reading version, not the listening one? Empty Re: How can you teach text 3 in the reading version, not the listening one?

Post by 42Satesiri094 Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 pm

I always turn on the audio to them first and they are required to listen only. After that, I turn on the track sentence by sentence and they are asked to repeat after that. Then, I have them read the passage together so that they can practice reading at the same time. After reading together, they are asked to read the whole passage by themselves. After having students read the passage, I need to tell them what the passage is about. The strategies used are varied such as pictures, videos, body languages, and so on. Also, I always ask them questions to check whether they understand or not.

Satesiri 094 4EN
42Satesiri094
42Satesiri094
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 41Piyanan061 Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:35 pm

I usually start with turn on the audio and then let’s students repeat after the sound. For next step, let them practice reading by themselves. I will teach them reading strategies whether taking note, highlighting or underlining. Then, explain the text by starting with top-down technique and bottom-up to make students understand more about the text. My last step will be give times to them to practice reading by themselves again.

Piyanan 061 4EN
41Piyanan061
41Piyanan061
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down